This is a GREAT list for NO-NOs for any property presentation photos INCLUDING those on Craigslist for rent....day/date stamps should be at the TOP of this list!
The Top 10 Things MLS Photos Should NEVER Include:
- Trash cans - Inside and outside. Let's face it, trash cans are not appealing.
- Cars in driveways - I once viewed pictures on the Internet only to relay back to the seller that I know what his license plate number was. He wasn't happy.
- Cars in garages - A garage will look far more spacious without the cars.
- Unmade beds - Buyers are beginning their search for their home on the Internet. Your unmade bed will hardly draw the buyers into the home.
- Tissue boxes, sprays, toilet bowl scrubbers in the bathrooms.
- Pets - Your pets are not for sale. Your house is.
- Dead plants - they're simply not the most attractive thing. On top of that, it shows a sign of neglect.
- Names on walls - sure the room may be theirs now. However, you want buyers to envision it being their room
- People - They, too, are not for sale (smile).
- You, the picture taker in the mirror. I see this mostly in bathrooms. I get that most bathrooms are small. However, you can kneel to take the photo.This top 10 things MLS photos should never include was created based on my own experience as a professional home stager in Atlanta.Feel free to add to the list!
Home Staging Atlanta - Kathy Nielsen - 678 522 8392
RESA Professional Stager of the Year - Southern Region 2011
This Atlanta home stager understands what it takes to separate your home or listing from the others on the market. Armed with a massive inventory, we can add the furniture and accessories befitting the style of the home as well as the demographics of the buyer. We also provide our after pictures at no additional charge.
Our Atlanta home staging services have helped hundreds of sellers secure a contract quickly. Visit our website at http://atlantahomestaging.net to see first-hand the solutions for selling your home, listing or flipped property. Contact us today to schedule your appointment by emailing Kathy at Kathy@HomeStagingAtlanta.com or by calling 678 522 8392. We've got the furniture and accessories your home needs!
Wallace S. Gibson, CPM * GIBSON MANAGEMENT GROUP, Ltd.
"...to be a Virginian, either by Birth, Marriage, Adoption, or even on one's Mother's side, is an Introduction to any State in the Union, a Passport to any Foreign Country, and a Benediction from the Almighty God...." Anonymous