..and have move-in monies in your checking account and your check-book with you when you view the property....you go back to square 1 if you don't have the funds to hold the property.
I get calls from people who are not used to renting or shopping for a place. Either they are just starting out or they hadn't been out there in quite a while. Here are a few pointers that heighten the awareness and help form a second skin before you need it
WHERE THE RUBBER MEETS THE ROAD
Here is the rubber you need for this road you are going on. To make the best of your seeking and searching, have ready to go information that when presented can help both parties. Table all the shame or guilt or hesitation. Put that behind you and concentrate on the matter at hand.
Landlords need to know:
1. How many people did you need the unit for? Any pause or hesitation here, your application works against you
2. Do you have any pets? Be advised every pet is sacred, well behaved and good. Just answer correctly
3. Hows your credit is going to come up sooner or later. Sooner is better than later. Waste not time
4. Employment has to be discussed. It cannot be fudged. It is or is not a fact. Pay stubs may be required
5. Income is relevant. Move-in expenses are relevant to. Be prepared for first and last plus pet deposit. Be prepared for a larger deposit if there are other factors involved too
6. How you start something definitely effects how you will end up..study up here
7. If you are calling for someone else, say so.
8. Any questions being asked are not private or an invasion of your privacy. 99% of the time its mandatory.
9. Be prepared to act fast. It is a landlords market and good stuff goes fast
Good luck and may you and your rental meet up...successfully
Richie Alan Naggar Ran Right Realty Riverside, Ca
Real Estate Broker and author of popular "PEARLS SERIES"...books on LIFE and LOVE
PEOPLE FIRST...THEN BUSINESS
Wallace S. Gibson, CPM * GIBSON MANAGEMENT GROUP, Ltd.
"...to be a Virginian, either by Birth, Marriage, Adoption, or even on one's Mother's side, is an Introduction to any State in the Union, a Passport to any Foreign Country, and a Benediction from the Almighty God...." Anonymous